At Asteres, our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community of ScriptCenter users. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers and their patients connected with their pharmacy during the COVID-19 response, we would like to take the opportunity to remind our customers of best practices for cleaning your ScriptCenter. Attached are detailed instructions with a reminder that you should use specialty touchscreen wipes to disinfect your ScriptCenter touchscreen and PIN pad and that the system, including vinyls, should not be cleaned with alcohol-containing products.
Should you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
First and foremost, follow any guidelines set out by your organization.
Reminder: DO NOT Spray Product Directly onto the System
- Spray all product onto another surface (like microfiber cloth) and then place that material onto the system
- DO NOT use products containing alcohol as they will disintegrate the laminate on the machines
General ScriptCenter Cleaning/Disinfecting
A microfiber cloth or swifter duster, can be used to dust surfaces
If ScriptCenter requires more than light dusting, use a damp microfiber cloth, or something similar, to
gently clean the surface
General ScriptCenter surfaces include: Top, sides, counter (MX only), bin (MX only), and lockers
(Auxiliary Columns/LS only)
Use water to lightly moisten a micro-fiber cloth and wipe the screen. Never spray or put liquid directly on the screen
Cleaning products containing alcohol should not be used. If the screen requires deeper cleaning, use specialty touchscreen wipes to disinfect
US EPA-recommended disinfectant products including registration No. (for use on the touchscreen only)
- Dispatch Hospital Cleaner Disinfectant Towels with Bleach No. 56392-8
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes No. 5813-79
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes No. 67619-12
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes No. 67619-25
- Lonza Disinfectant Wipes No. 6836-313
- San-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes No. 9480-12
Note: Products in the same family bearing the same EPA Registration Number may be used interchangeably with the products specifically listed.
Products containing alcohol should NOT be used as alcohol disintegrates the film
Vinyls (ScriptCenter MX only)
Clean with a damp cloth (water only) or spray with expo spray/white board solution and wipe clean
DO NOT use any product containing alcohol as this will disintegrate the laminate